Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originated from the files of Bon Appetit. I adapted it to suit my needs. The smoky flavour is off set by the sweetness of the honey. Last time I made this, I did not have any cilantro....so I used the garlic and lime juice. Different taste....but equally just as good!!!
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Combine ingredients and brush on salmon.
- Could cut ingredients in half for smaller salmon steaks.
I cut the recipe in half and still had plenty to brush on three salmon filets. I made it without the garlic and lime options, but I think either or both would be nice additions. I loved the smokey flavor & slight heat provided by the chipotle. Great stuff! Thank you for sharing the recipe!