1/1 Photo of Honey Ginger Salmon
Food Snob in Israel's Note:
My friends say this is the best fish they've ever had! Serve with quinoa tossed with some ginger and garlic. I created this recipe as an accompinent to various Asian dishes I was preparing. Can be eaten along side a noodle salad with chopsticks as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Fillets in a large sheet of tin foil.
- 2Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Drizzle with honey.
- 4Sprinkle and/or press garlic and ginger on the fish.
- 5Douse in olive oil.
- 6Seal the edges of the tin foil around the fish, forming a "pocket" that does not allow for the escape of steam.
- 7Cook at 180/375 for 10 minutes and then remove from oven and CAREFULLY open the pouches.
- 8Return to the oven to cook as per your tastes for the remainder of the time.
- 9I prefer this fish to be "over cooked" and for the honey to take on a carmelized consistancy and the fish to be slightly "tough" and chewy. Though this is also excellent with a soft buttery consistancy fish. You'll know it is done when the fish looses it's transparent color and flakes apart in the center/thickest part with a fork.
- 10Batay Avon! Bon Appitete! Happy Eating!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Ginger Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.4
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 64.0 g