1/5 Photos of Honey-Ginger Limeade
Sweet honey and zesty ginger add kick to basic limeade. For even more flavor, add a jalapeno pepper to the mix. Rim the edge of your glasses with brown sugar before serving this summery drink.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan combine 2 cups of the water and the finely chopped ginger. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime peel. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain into a pitcher; discard solids.
- 2Add brown sugar and honey to ginger liquid in pitcher, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in lime juice, jalapeno pepper (if desired), and the remaining 1 cup water. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (up to 3 days).
- 3Before serving, add the reserved squeezed lime halves to pitcher. Slowly pour sparkling water into ginger liquid in pitcher; stir gently to mix. Serve in brown sugar-rimmed glasses*** over ice cubes. Garnish with lime wedges and ginger slices.
- 4SERVING TIP:.
- 5Place brown sugar in a shallow dish. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of each glass and dip the edge into the sugar.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Limeade
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: