Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is different than a traditional Lassi in that it doesn't include yogurt. It is something like a thin milkshake with a bit of spice. Recipe is from Vegetarian Planet. There is also a variation to make it a warm drink.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk or 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (heaping)
- 2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 medium ice cubes or 4 large ice cubes
- ice, for the glasses
- Combine all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds to froth the milk.
- Add the ice cubes, and blend until the ice is pulverized. Pour the lassi into large glasses filled with ice, and serve.
- Variation: The same ingredients can make a soothing warm drink. Increase the milk to 3 cups, and heat it almost to a boil. Add the honey, ginger, and nutmeg, and stir well. Omit the ice. Serve in mugs.
DH raved about this one - he LOVES ginger. Made it with soy milk, and it was perfectly creamy. This definitely will be a new keeper. Thanks for posting! Made for the Unrulies Under The Influence for ZWT6.
Delish! I used almond milk and heated it up for a late night drink on a rainy cool evening! Thanks! Made by the Looney Spoon Phoodies for ZWT#6.
A nice flavor dress-up for milk.