Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from Fineliving.com; it sounded too good not to post here!
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 12 egg yolks
- In a large sauce pan combine cream, milk, brown sugar, honey and freshly grated ginger. Warm over medium heat to infuse the honey and ginger into the cream.
- Place egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk hot cream into egg yolks.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve and chill over an ice bath.
- Once the ice cream base is chilled, process in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturerâ€™s instructions and then freeze.