Courtesy of Cooking Light's Annual Recipes 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salmon
- 2/3 cup sage honey (I used basic clover honey)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the risotto
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1For the Salmon:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 3In a small bowl, combine honey, juice, water, ginger and garlic.
- 4Pour honey mixture into a 9" x 13" x 2" Pyrex baking dish, arrange fish in pan, skinned side up. Let stand 20 minutes. Turn fish over, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt and bake for 7 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and preheat broiler.
- 6Brush fish with honey mixture and broil for 7 minutes, (As you can see, the honey mixture started to burn a bit after about 5 minutes, so I took the fish out and it was perfectly done.) or until fish is browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 7For the Risotto:.
- 8In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. Cover the broth and keep hot over low heat.
- 9In a large, heavy saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- 10Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the wine and simmer, until the wine has almost completely evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 11Add 1/2 Cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 12Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 Cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total.
- 13Remove from heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining TBS. of butter, salt & pepper and the basil (if so desired).
- 14Transfer the risotto to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Glazed Salmon and Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 907.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 49.7 g