- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 shallots, quartered, root end intact, about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled, diagonally cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt butter. Add shallots and ginger; cook until just tender, 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrots; cook 3 minutes. Stir in honey, orange juice, salt and chile pepper. Increase heat to high; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer, stirring once, 15 minutes.
- Uncover. Increase heat to medium; cook until carrots are glazed and tender, 5 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.