1/3 Photos of Honey-Ginger Glazed Carrots
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04 - a touch of chile powder gives this sweet, gingery side dish an extra kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 shallots, quartered, root end intact, about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled, diagonally cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt butter. Add shallots and ginger; cook until just tender, 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in carrots; cook 3 minutes. Stir in honey, orange juice, salt and chile pepper. Increase heat to high; bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer, stirring once, 15 minutes.
- 4Uncover. Increase heat to medium; cook until carrots are glazed and tender, 5 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g