Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is an excellent orange/ginger glazed recipe. I have been making this recipe for over 15 years and it is always a big hit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh baby carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tapioca starch or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim carrots.
- In a medium size saucepan, add carrots, salt and cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until carrots are almost tender; about 10 minutes.
- To a large frying pan, add butter, honey and grated ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring a few times.
- Add cooked carrots and stir well to coat.
- Cover and cook carrots on medium-high heat until carrots are glazed and glossy, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together orange juice, lemon juice and tapioca starch.
- Add to frying pan along with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly; about 3 minutes.
- Serve with your dinner.