This is an excellent orange/ginger glazed recipe. I have been making this recipe for over 15 years and it is always a big hit.
- Wash and trim carrots.
- In a medium size saucepan, add carrots, salt and cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until carrots are almost tender; about 10 minutes.
- To a large frying pan, add butter, honey and grated ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring a few times.
- Add cooked carrots and stir well to coat.
- Cover and cook carrots on medium-high heat until carrots are glazed and glossy, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together orange juice, lemon juice and tapioca starch.
- Add to frying pan along with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly; about 3 minutes.
- Serve with your dinner.
Made this for Xmas eve dinner tonight. Everyone agreed that the orange flavor overpowered the dish. Will try again sans orange lime mixture. Thanks for the recipe =0)
This was fabulous and easy! I used sliced carrots as I didn't have baby ones. I used probably more ginger than it calls for. I brought it to a Christmas dinner and everyone loved this! Thanks.
MMMmmmm, very good! I served this along side a chicken casserole dish. I didn't have baby carrots so I just used regular. Another great recipe of your's, Uncle Bill! :)