1/4 Photos of Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots
A delicious glaze over boiled carrots. Makes a simple veggie a little special. The carrots can be steamed or microwaved until cooked. The glaze is prepared separately and poured over the cooked carrots to coat. You can either slice your carrots or use whole baby carrots, If you're not a ginger fan then you can use garlic in place of the ginger. If you have an Italian style dish the garlic can be a good substitute for the ginger called for in this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice carrots. Boil approx 10 minutes until cooked (or cook to your preference). Strain and set aside. Keep the carrots warm.
- 2Meanwhile -- add the sesame seeds to a hot non-stick frypan. There is no need to add any oil. Toss sesame seeds until toasted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in the hot frypan. Add ginger and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- 4Add the honey, sesame seeds and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to soften.
- 5Pour the glaze over the cooked carrots.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 191.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g