Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick coating.
- Place chicken breast halves in baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine honey, orange juice, ginger, black pepper, and red pepper (if desired).
- Brush honey mixture over chicken.
- Combine cornflakes and parsley flakes.
- Sprinkle cornflake mixture over chicken to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
I wasn't blown over by this recipe. It didn't have much flavour and the cornflake crumbs didn't stick to the chicken. The only thing I did differently was I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts so maybe that's where I went wrong.
Great recipe, my fiance loved it. I doubled the honey mixture and used it as a marinade, then I made a bowl of it again and brushed it on before cooking.