1/1 Photo of Honey-Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for triple-ginger chocolate chip cookies.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweet creamy butter
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grade a clover honey
- 2 -3 teaspoons peeled finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (large Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1PLACE oven racks on top third and bottom third of oven; PREHEAT oven to 350°F and LINE two baking sheets with waxed paper.
- 2WHISK step ONE ingredients in a medium bowl: 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3BEAT 3/4 cup sweet cream butter in a large bowl until creamy, using an electric mixer, about 2 minutes; SLOWLY beat in 1 cup golden brown sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 4ADD step FOUR ingredients: 1 large egg, 1/4 cup Grade A clover honey, 2-3 teaspoons peeled finely grated fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon ginger powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves; BEAT just until blended.
- 5ADD flour mixture in two additions, beating on low speed until just blended between additions.
- 6PLACE 1/2 cup granulated sugar into same bowl flour mixture was in previously.
- 7MEASURE 1 tablespoon of dough; ROLL into a ball between palms of hands, then roll in sugar in bowl to coat evenly and thoroughly; PLACE on baking sheet and flatten just slightly; REPEAT process with remaining cookie dough; ARRANGE cookies 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
- 8PRESS 5-6 Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips evenly onto top surface of each cookie.
- 9BAKE cookies at 350°F until surfaces crack yet are slightly soft in the center (between 13-15 minutes); COOL completely on waxed paper sheets over rack; REMOVE cookies when cooled.
- 10SERVE and enjoy! STORE in a cookie jar, or in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: