Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from TOH magazine. I haven’t made these yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. 4
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 4 -6 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, stir fry chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken juices run clear. Serve with the hot rice.
It was okay, but not outstanding. Good in a pinch though. Quick to throw together. I used fresh broccoli, and added a bit of water/cornstarch at the end to thicken the sauce.
I made this with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup each of fresh vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, red peppers, snow peas) and it turned out really great. It is very quick and tasty.
Didn't use mixed veggies, but I will next time. Very flavorful and appetizing. The honey is the perfect thing to sweeten up the meal. I generally don't like chicken, but I liked this.