Recipe by zeldaz51
A Weber grilling recipe. Don't forget to soak the bamboo skewers, if you use them!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders (or boneless, skinless breasts cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and bring to a boil over medium heat all the glaze ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, then set aside.
- Thread the chicken pieces lengthwise onto skewers, making sure the skewers run through the middle of each piece. Lightly coat the chicken with some oil and season evenly to taste with salt and pepper, remembering the soy glaze will add salt.
- Cook the skewers over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, to create attractive grill marks. Then finish cooking the chicken over indirect high heat, brush with the glaze on both sides, and continues to cook until chicken is done, another 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Remove the skewers from the grill and serve warm with the lime wedges.