1/2 Photos of Honey-Ginger Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
This is different from any other honey-ginger chicken recipe I have seen on here. It has 1/3 cup hot sauce in it...so it has a little KICK! The sweet and the hot work fabulously together and always impress company! This is a favorite of mine ever since my late aunt first cooked it for me 15 years ago. Brown or white rice works well on the side...you need something to help soak up all the yummy sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425. Melt Crisco and butter in 9x13 pan in oven.
- 2Combine flour, salt, ginger, pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- 3Add chicken to hot pan, skin side down. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Turn pieces over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 5Whisk together honey, hot sauce, soy sauce.
- 6Drain butter/fat from pan and pour honey mixture over the chicken and bake 15 more minutes, basting often.
- 7Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve chilled. (I prefer it hot next too some fluffy rice!).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.2
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 228.6 mg
- Sodium 1772.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 63.9 g