1/5 Photos of Honey-Ginger Baked Beets
2 hrs 25 mins
A nice side dish for a roast chicken. Can be done a day ahead except for baking. Cover and refrigerate. The next day, bring to room temperature and bake as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub beets but do not peel.
- 2Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- 3When cool enough to handle, peel beets, cut into quarters and place them in a oven-proof casserole dish, with a lid.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- 5In small saucepan, melt butter and mix in honey and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and pour over beets.
- 6Cover with lid and bake 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beets are well glazed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Ginger Baked Beets
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 153.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g