Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cook, Bake, Nibble.
Make and share this Honey Garlic Tofu Stirfry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 2 -4 cups chopped vegetables (recipe calls for bok choy, carrots, zucchini, and portabello mushrooms)
- sesame seeds, for garnishing
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced finely
- 6 garlic cloves, monced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch or 1⁄2 tablespoon arrowroot, as needed to thicken
- In a large sautee pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over high heat. Sautee tempeh until golden. Add rest of sesame oil. Add in vegetables one at a time, heartiest ones first, stirring as you go until all vegetables are cooked. This should only take about five minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in hot honey garlic sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- For the sauce, heat sesame oil in a small pan. Sautee onion until translucent. Add garlic and continue to cook. Add in raw honey, stirring to melt. Whisk in tamari, rice vinegar, ginger, cayenne and sea salt as desired. Add in water and simmer. Taste for seasoning, adding more honey and sea salt as needed. Whisk in arrowroot, adding more as needed to thicken into a saucy consistency. Pour over vegetables and tempeh and serve warm.
This was great! I must start by saying that my 20 month old ate this right up. That's saying a lot!!! I made it basically true to the recipe using tofu, baby bok choy, baby bellas, and broccoli. It was great and easy and healthy. That's 5 stars from me!! Thanks Olive Owl..........