Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this a lot before my father went on the Atkins diet and couldn't eat the noodles, and it was one of his favorites (which says a lot). It is very light and very tasty, and I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen vegetables (I use baby peas carrots pea pods corn)
- 1⁄2 cup coursely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 lb uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp, medium or large,thrawed if frozen and tails removed
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb marinade (from a 12-ounce bottle)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the directions on the package; cover to keep warm.
- Heat water in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the frozen veggies and bell pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies are crisp-tender and the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Stir in the marinade and honey.
- Heat through and serve over the linguine.
I must have bought the wrong kind of marinade. I used Newman's Own brand. Even tried adding more honey to make it sweeter.
This made a great meal in hardly any time at all, and tasted like something in a seafood restaurant. The marinade and honey combo added lots of flavor.