Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's hard to find good gluten free sauces. Why not make your own? This honey garlic sauce is one of the best you'll ever have and is super fast and easy!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (wheat free)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the margarine.
- Saute the garlic until tender.
- Add broth, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Whisk into the hot mixture stirring constantly until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Very yummy! It was wxactly what i was looking for :)
Good and easy sauce but I agree, it's missing something and I made it twice. I think I might add some sesame oil, more garlic or ginger next time.
I had no corn starch handy so I substituted potato starch. While still in the pot it smelled like gravy, but on the stir-fry, it tasted good, not like gravy at all. I agree, the recipe could use a little more "zip." I am going to try to freeze some of the extra sauce I made - will report back.