Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These ribs are absolutely wonderful, tender and juicy.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Slice the ribs into individual pieces In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved then stir in the baking soda.
- The mixture will begin to foam.
- Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat Cover a cookie sheet with foil and arrange ribs meat side up on the sheet Pour excess sauce over the ribs and sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Bake for 1 hour turning every 20 minutes.
Excellent rib recipe - the sauce was really good, with just the right amount of sweet to savoury. I didn't use any garlic salt, just chopped up more garlic and added regular salt. I did find that the ribs needed more roasting for the meat to be 'slide off the bone tender', and so I covered the pan with foil after the first hour and continued roasting for another hour, then another 20 minutes without foil to crisp up again, so we're talking a total of 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Nimz, these are so good! I had to run an errand while they were cooking, so I covered them with foil to be safe. Good thing I did because they ended up in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, but they were cooked to perfection! The sauce thickened beautifully and the ribs were tender and delicious. Made for Went to the Market Tag, please see my rating system.
VONNNNNDERFULLLLLLL!!! Mixed all of the sauce together minus the baking soda. oh! i subbed the equivalant of granulated garlic for garlic cloves, and let it sit out. cut up the ribs and seasoned with cabela's all purpose rub and fresh cracked black pepper and put back in the fridge for about 8 hours. took out right and started preparing when my man got home and made a super awesome, sticky meal. only took one hour. thanks Nimz!!