Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to make, these ribs are delicious served either hot or at room temperature. So this is a great recipe for a casual dinner party that you can make ahead. The sauce is great served over rice.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- I boil my ribs for 40 minutes first to make them tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, garlic powder and brown sugar. Stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam. Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat.
- Transfer ribs to a large glass lasagna type baking dish (large enough so the ribs all lay flat). The dish should be approximately 3 inches deep because the sauce will rise and foam somewhat while it is cooking in the oven. Then pour the excess sauce over the ribs. Cook in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes turning every 15 minutes. YUMMY! :).