Recipe by Irmgard
This meatball recipe from Canadian Living is very easy to make and can be made on a week night. The meatballs are tender and delicious and the honey garlic sauce is great served over egg noodles.
Top Review by mdelstutz
Delicious! The honey/garlic sauce has a nice, round flavor, neither over-sweet nor over-garlicky, and these are the easiest, most flavorful meatballs I've ever made. A big hit with the whole family.
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (Mix with a little of the beef stock prior to adding to the sauce)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, then mix in the beef.
- Roll by rounded tablespoonfuls into balls and place on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven until no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, whisk the beef stock, garlic, honey, diluted flour and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook, whisking, over medium heat until thickened, 2 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and any accumulated juices to the pan, stirring to coat.