Top Review by 2Bleu
Made as directed except used 1 tsp tarragon and omitted the tarragon vinegar due to the suggestion a previous reviewer. I also reduced it down to two servings as 5 cups is alot of dressing! It is a delicious salad dressing, but the vinegar needs to be brought down.
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, Crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh pureed
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking to make a basic mayonnaise.
- It will work only if you add the oil very, very slowly at first.
- You can also use a food processor to make this dressing, but again, you must add the oil ever so slowly to get the desired consistency.
- Once the mayonnaise is made, add all the ingredients except the vinegars.
- Make sure the the dressing is well mixed and ingredients are evenly distributed throughout.
- Slowly stir in the tarragon vinegar and then the red wine vinegar, making sure that they are evenly blended.
- This dressing must be stored in the fridge or it will spoil.
- Yield 5 cups