Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Welcome Home
- 2267.96 g chicken wings or 25-30 whole chicken wings
- 118.29 ml honey
- 59.14 ml water
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.0 ml vegetable oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying) or 946.0 ml peanut oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying)
- Remove wing tip from each wing; split each wing at the joint joining the drum and flat part.
- Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to gallon size zip locking bag.
- Add wings 15 at a time and shake to coat.
- Tap off excess flour before frying.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine honey, water, lemon juice, ketchup, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt, stirring to blend.
- Bring to a slow bubble, reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oil to deep fryer, Dutch oven or deep wok.
- Oil temperature should be 375*F before you being frying your chicken wings.
- Fry no more than eight wings at a time in oil at 375*F, 10 to 12 minutes, until skin is crispy and golden brown on the outside and chicken wings are cooked through to the bone on the outside.
- For crispier wings, cook 12 to 14 minutes.
- For extra crispy chicken wings cook up to 15 minutes.
- The longer you cook chicken wings; you run the risk of drying out the meat.
- Drain the wings on paper towels or paper bags for a few minutes.
- Add chicken wings to a large bowl.
- After all the wings have been fried, pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken wings.
- Cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the chicken wings. Serve hot.
- If you have extra honey garlic chicken wing sauce left, serve on the side for dipping, if desired.