Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
Adapted form a recipe I found on the internet.
Top Review by irisbobbie2004
We (four adults) thought the wings were very bland. I had no sesame oil but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. i marinated the wings for 4 hous before cooking. Maybe it was the ponzu sauce which made it bland? It was a disappointment as we all love wings.
- 1⁄2 cup ponzu sauce (citrus seasoned soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (or chives)
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips cut off
Directions See How It's Made
- Double-line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil and ground ginger. Put chicken wings in a 1 gallon zip lock bag and pour in marinade, seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, (or up to overnight), turn often.
- Remove wings from marinade and spread in a single layer on foil-lined baking sheet. Reserve marinade. Bake wings for 45 - 50 minutes, brushing with sauce twice, turning over each time (after 15 minutes and 25 minutes but not during last 10 minutes of cooking because the marinate will not have long enough to cook properly, having touched raw chicken).
- In a small sauce pan slow boil remaining marinade over medium high heat until thick and syrupy, pay close attention, it goes from syrupy to burnt very quickly.
- When done put chicken wings in a bowl and add syrup, toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped green onions or chives and serve.