1/1 Photo of Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
6 hrs 30 mins
When I get the craving for some wings, I make this simple, sweet and sticky sauce - a real crowd pleaser! Even the kids will love it! The extra step of brining the wings will be the big pay-off as the chicken meat will be moist and flavorful right to the bone. Your family will ask you to make these delicious wings again and again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brine the wings in a covered container by first dissolving kosher salt in cold water. Make sure there is enough water to cover the wings. Refrigerate the wings and salt solution for 4-6 hours maximum.
- 2Meanwhile, make the sauce: Combine the honey, ketchup, dark soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, black pepper and cayenne in a small saucepan. Simmer on low for 15 minutes to thicken. Set aside.
- 3After the wings are done brining, heat the oil in a deep fryer to 320°F.
- 4Drain the wings and dry them with paper towel. When the oil reaches the desired temperature, fry the wings a batch at a time (about 10-12 wings together will be best). Depending on the size of your wings, cooking time will vary from 10-15 minutes (check for doneness, even if wings seem pale they may be cooked through).
- 5Remove wings from the fryer and place in a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the sauce and toss the wings to coat evenly. Add more sauce if needed, but start with a little at a time. Continue frying up remaining wings and repeat this step.
- 6Serve with napkins, as these get your fingers sticky!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.2
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 15848.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 44.8 g