Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sounds like a good recipe but I haven't tried it yet.
- 4 lbs skinless chicken legs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place skinless chicken legs in a roasting pan and bake covered for 60 minutes.
- Drain all juices and save for another purpose.
- While legs are cooking make the sauce. Combine sugar with cornstarch.
- Add water, honey abd minced garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- When chicken legs are cooked place in a heat proof casserole.
- Pour sauce over and serve immediately or keep warm in oven.
The kids said it was "delicious!" I poured some of the sauce over the chicken after 30 minutes of baking and it gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. It was sweet but not overpowering. I may add just a little more soy sauce next time. Although, I didn't actually measure my ingredients. We will absolutely add this to the favorites list. Thanks!!
This was an excellent dish!! I used chicken thighs and I browned them in my cast iron skillet first, then poured the sauce over and popped the whole thing in the oven to finish. I also sprinkled some toasted sesame seeds over them before putting them into the oven. Hubby loved it as much as I did!
I made this recipe for supper tonight, but in my big rush I forgot to add the soy sauce. It was sooo good we may have it again tomorrow, without soy sauce again! The sauce was quite garlicky at first but was mellowed out and perfect after sitting for 15 minutes or so. This is definitely a recipe my husband and I will crave! Thanks!