Recipe by danlynclark
This is a quick and easy, but delicious meal. A sweet and tangy chicken. It can be done in the morning and placed in the oven when you get home from work. I definately recommend serving this with rice because the sauce is too good to pass up.
Top Review by MsLuTu
This was a pretty good recipe. My family liked it a lot more than I did so I guess that's what counts. I did as Chef 786983 recommended and drained the sauce after the first 45 min of baking to thicken it on the stove top with cornstarch. I covered the chicken as much as I could with the thickened sauce with 15 min left to cook and it came out great. We will definitely cook this again as it's pretty easy and tasty.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 chicken legs-thighs (legs and thighs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cut hindquarters into seperate legs and thighs.
- You should have 8 pieces of chicken now.
- Place in baking dish and pour sauce over top to coat chicken.
- This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Bake at 350 for 3/4 hour with lid on, and 3/4 hour with lid off.
- Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice.