Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from a local cookbook and is a different twist on cooked carrots.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 ",thick diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add carrots and garlic stirring until mixed.
- Add 3/4 cup water and heat until boiling.
- Add the honey and seasonings to taste.
- Simmer and reduce liquid until just a thin film is left, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
My family of four enjoyed these. My daugter said too much garlic but she always has to complain about something(she is a teenager). I will never cook carrots my usual way again.