Recipe by COOKERELLA
A great side dish that originated because my oldest grandchildren wouldn't eat veggies when younger.
Top Review by HappyBunny
This was just superb! The sauce is delicious and definitely something I will cook again and again. Fresh ginger and garlic must be used. I don't think dried will work as well here.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- garlic clove, to suit taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- carrot, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice carrots, I do a two lb. bag.
- Place in saucepan with water and cook just till crisp. Drain.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan over med. heat, melt margarine and add the brown sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Peel garlic and put through garlicpress into saucepan with sugar mixture.
- Stir in soy sauce and grated ginger and allow to simmer 5 minutes stirring to meld the flavours.
- Place carrots in serving bowl and pour sauce over top. Stir to combine and enjoy.