Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love my garlic and this is something a little different and good.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup red chile honey (honey that has red chilies in it)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and pureed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- To make chili honey, take the honey and place 4 chilies (I roasted them slightly first) and then place in a jar overnight.
- If you want, you can puree some of the chilies with the garlic for a extra kick.
- For the Brittle: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Combine the water and sugar in a large nonstick heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the corn syrup, honey, and salt, and stir constantly and slowly with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes to a gentle boil, about 2 minutes.
- Continue stirring until the mixture reaches 290°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butter, garlic puree, and baking soda and stir until the butter is completely melted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheets, being careful as it is very hot, and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Let cool completely.
- Break the brittle into shards.