Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
If you are using this as a tenderizer/marinade then mix in 3 teaspoons powdered meat tenderizer, I use Club House brand but any kind will do. Plan ahead this must be refrigerated for a minimum of 24 hours before using. If you prefer a sweeter sauce then increase brown sugar to taste, if desired you may adjust all ingredients to suit taste. Use 1 tablespoon seasoned salt for this (I use Lawry's seasoned salt) and white salt to season at the end of cooking if necessary. This is great on chicken and ribs!
- 3 -4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch dried oregano (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce (HP brand steak sauce is best)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (MSG) (optional)
- cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- white salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic, paprika and oregano and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered on low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Season with white salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Stir well before using.
- Store any leftover sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator.
This is excellent. Perfect combination of flavors. Used it on pulled pork and barbecued chicken. One of the best sauces I've ever used,