Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are using this as a tenderizer/marinade then mix in 3 teaspoons powdered meat tenderizer, I use Club House brand but any kind will do. Plan ahead this must be refrigerated for a minimum of 24 hours before using. If you prefer a sweeter sauce then increase brown sugar to taste, if desired you may adjust all ingredients to suit taste. Use 1 tablespoon seasoned salt for this (I use Lawry's seasoned salt) and white salt to season at the end of cooking if necessary. This is great on chicken and ribs!
- 3 -4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch dried oregano (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce (HP brand steak sauce is best)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (MSG) (optional)
- cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- white salt and black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic, paprika and oregano and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered on low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Season with white salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Stir well before using.
- Store any leftover sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator.