Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Been making these for years always receiving rave reviews from family and friends. There is quite a bit of garlic in the recipe, but after being sauteed the flavor soaks into the meatballs and sauce.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix meat, bread crumbs, milk, onion, eggs,& salt.
- Shape into 1 balls.
- (the smaller, the better).
- Place balls in a single layer on glass baking dish.
- Bake for 12 15 minutes and drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté garlic until tender.
- Add ketchup, honey,& soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce and return to a boil& simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until sauce glazes meatballs.
- These freeze exceptionally well for future party appetizers.
- Just defrost and place in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
I changed it up a little but really enjoyed it. I lessened the ketchup and upped the soy sauce and used quite a bit of butter. I put it all in the food processor as I was worried about garlic chunks. We had it that evening at a party and it was good. The leftovers the next night were outstanding.
My first time making meatballs - it was delicious! I used ground round and there was virtually nothing to drain after baking - very lean. The meatballs tasted delicious even before adding sauce. The sauce was sweet and delicious! I froze ahead and then folowed crockpot re-heating instructions - worked great!
I made this last night. It was very good. I didn't think there was enough sauce for all the meatballs but it worked out perfectly - they were nicely coated, looked wonderful and tasted great.