1/2 Photos of Honey Game Hens
1 hr 15 mins
This a great dish to serve to guests. The excess marinade made a fanatastic gravy! This is a recipe from Paula Deen's Thanksgiving show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse hens, trim off excess fat, and pat dry; place in bowl.
- 2Put garlic and ginger in food processor and process until nearly smooth.
- 3In another bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, oil, orange juice, and zest. Add the garlic and ginger.
- 4Pour mixture over game hens, coating well. Refrigerate overnight, turning in marinade several times.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Place game hens in shallow roasting pan; pour marinade on top.
- 7Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- 8Remove hens to serving platter.
- 9Pour cooking juices into small, heavy saucepan and boil for 4 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- 10Pour over hens just before serving.
- 11Serve with sesame noodles or rice pilaf.
- 12These hens can also be grilled; just remember to baste often.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 309.8 mg
- Sodium 1573.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 71.0 g