Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
Everyone loves this crisp golden fish.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut fillets
- oil (for frying)
- In shallow bowl, beat egg and honey.
- In another bowl, mix cracker crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip fish in egg, then crumbs.
- In lg skillet heat 1/4 inch oil.
- Fry fish on med-hi heat for 3-4 minutes a side.
I made this tonight for dinner with only a few changes. I added about 3 tbs of honey to the egg and also added honey on top while it was frying, then sprinkled the flour mixture over it. I also drizzled honey over the top of the fried fish when it was done. My husband LOVED it, and I thought it was pretty great too. This was a SUPER easy recipe and we will definitely be making again.
Great fish! I thought it would have more honey flavor but it was amazing anyways. I love sweet and so I might add a touch more honey next time to see what happens. It will be a regular at our house for sure!
Easy to prepare, simple to cook, and my dinner guests loved the unique honey flavor. So did I! Yummy!