Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is great for an appetizer! We also like it for lunch. BECAREFUL not to over-cook these: They will burn and taste horrible.
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Place wings in shallow dish and pour over the soy sauce, ginger, cilantro, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Toss well to coat; marinate, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan over medium to medium-high heat, melt the butter in olive oil.
- When the butter stops foaming, add honey and chicken wings and fry until browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking wings, turning them over often to coat them as the glaze reduces.
- Cook until the wings are sticky and cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- DO NOT OVER COOK-- the glaze will burn and taste nasty!
I had to try this recipe!When I did, I substituted some of the ingredients, like veg. oil for the olive,and I also added 1/2tsp. of paprika, directly to the pan, not the wings, which gave them a beautiful coloring and added sweetness. I would love to make some boneless chicken breasts in the same way, to see how it would turn out, probably delicious!