Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An indulgent and delicious breakfast.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 -10 slices texas toast bread
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- warm honey
- Add flour, sugar, salt, milk, and eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well blended.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; I start with 1 tablespoon and add to it as needed.
- Dip both sides of bread slice into egg mixture.
- Place 2-3 slices of bread in skillet (depends on how big your skillet is) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to individual plates and drizzle with warm honey.
I added 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. I also used vanilla rice milk and agave nectar because it is what I had on hand. Super delish!
Delish! Loved the substantial effect of the flour and the tenderness of this wonderful french toast. I allowed it to soak 20-30 seconds per side, and got 8 pieces out of the batter - must confess I did add a heaping half tsp. of cinnamon for that something extra!
I doubled this recipe and used thick cut Texas Toast for the bread. I was able to get exactly 16 servings. I have never made French Toast with flour in the batter. I loved it! It made the batter stick a bit better and provided the toast with just the perfect amount of yumminess! I added a dash of vanilla and cinnamon. I only put honey on my pieces, and it was fantastic! I'm so bummed because I took pictures to post, but accidentally deleted them from my memory stick :( Delicious recipe that I will be making again!