Recipe by Leahferne
So far this has been a popular request for me to make among my family and friends. Its simple, healthy, no additives (so dialysis diet friendly) and tastes great. Let me know if you like it :) For bread machines. Tip: Use exact measurements for the best possible outcome. Note: Be sure to check with your doctor or nutritionist before using this recipe if you are on dialysis. Each patient is different and mat have different requirement to what you can and cannot put into your body. Rather be safe than sorry :)
- 1 2⁄3 cups water (bathtub temperature)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups wheat flour, bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup flax seed, ground
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
- Measure and add dry ingredients to the pan (except yeast).
- Use your finger to make a well in the flour where you will put the yeast. Be careful not to allow the yeast to get wet.
- Add the active dry yeast.
- Snap the bread ban in the bread maker.
- Press the select button to choose the wheat setting.
- Press the crust color button (I like to use light).
- Press the start/stop button.