Recipe by JanetSmith154
I found this recipe on the WWW years ago, and I apologize that I don't know who the author is... We enjoy the simplicity and the flavor of this dish. I serve it with Long Grain and Wild Rice and Green Beans. Enjoy! NOTE: I like flour and brown my chicken breasts in the butter before putting them in the baking dish - but below are the original directions.
Top Review by MsLizze
This was really good. I served it with mashed red potatoes, and everybody liked it. I followed the directions given almost to the letter except that I accidentally doubled the amount of sauce and I cut the amount of butter for frying in half. Next time, I think I will reduce the lemon in the sauce just a little bit, but that is personal preference as everyone else in my family liked it just the way it was.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bag and coat chicken breasts by placing breasts in bag and shaking (close bag first!).
- Place chicken in pan with melted butter and bake 30 minutes, uncovered at 400°F.
- Combine butter, honey, and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
- Continue to bake for 15 minutes, uncovered, basting occasionally.