Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I first made these in 2000. These are my favorite dinner rolls! I got the recipe out of a cookbook that famous country singers contributed to. This was sent in by Steve Wariner. You'll have no room for dinner after you start eating these! I make my rolls a bit bigger, so of course my yield is considerably less then recipe states.
- 4 1⁄4-4 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, honey, margarine and salt just until warm (115 to 120°F) and margarine is almost melted, stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture; add eggs.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds; scrape sides of bowl constantly. Beat for 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can mix in with a spoon.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 mins). Shape into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl, then turn it once. Cover dough and let rise in a warm place till double (about 1 hour). Punch dough down; divide in half. Cover again; let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut each dough half into 18 equal pieces. Roll into balls, and place in greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans. Let rise until doubled (about 30 mins).
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 36 rolls.
I made this in my bread machine, but the bread is so amazing, I had to post a review. The dough came out BEAUTIFUL - gorgeous egg bread yellow, semi glossy, stretchy. Just beautiful. And then after baking (which did take a bit longer than 10 minutes), the rolls were amazing. Fluffy, sweet and delicious. Thank you for posting.
I tried these rolls and they are wonderful . They are light and have a good taste. Everyone liked them. I took them to a church function.
We loved them, texture was great. Not as sweet and not as much honey flavor as we would have liked, but will definitely make them again!