Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I usually make this for holiday dinners. Seems like we always have green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, etc. so I'm always looking for something "different" to mix it up. My kids, who don't like cooked carrots, even ask for this dish!
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (enough to coat after cooking)
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots, covered, in about 2 inches of water for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender but not mushy.
- Add honey and dill; stir until coated.
- Drain off any excess water; stir in butter to coat.
- *Note: I usually use bagged whole baby carrots because it's faster and easier. I also double or triple the recipe for family gatherings.