Recipe by gr8cheff
WOW! This is one of my absolute favorite ways to eat Salmon. It's so fast and easy. The Fish is smothered with this sweet and tangy sauce, and then broiled in the oven for a few minutes, just enough to give it a nice crispiness on the outside, but extremely moist on the inside. Then it's placed on whole wheat tortillas (not just chosen because they're healthy, have a nice sweetness to them) with gaucamole, cheese and and sour cream. Incredible!!
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon habanero sauce (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn broiler on high heat, position rack on 2nd level from top.
- Mix together the Dijon mustard and honey, set aside half of the mixture to use as a sauce for the burritos. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Place salmon fillets on shallow baking dish lined with aluminum foil (to make cleaning easier) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously coat the entire fillet with the honey Dijon mixture.
- Place under the broiler for about 10-13 minutes, It will smoke and turn black in areas because of the honey, that's part of the taste.
- Mash avocados in a bowl with fork.
- Add onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime, salt and pepper, and optional habanero sauce (or whatever Mexican hot sauce you like).
- Heat tortillas on sauté pan if desired.
- Place chunks of fillet on tortilla.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and heat in microwave to melt cheese (I like it melted).
- Add guacamole and sour cream as desired, top with some of the remaining honey-Dijon sauce.