Recipe by mielhollinger
Moosewood Restaurant says Sweet and tangy, with a crunchy coating, these fillets make a mouthwatering main dish that delights the senses with aroma, tatse, and texture.
Top Review by George
Very easy to fix - I managed to get my fourteen year old to fix this with no major disaster in the kitchen. And my children, who normally turn their nose up at any kind of fish, ate it all and asked for seconds. My wife is on a gluten free diet and I substituted bread crumbs from a gluten free loaf. She was happy and the kids never knew the difference.
- 4 catfish fillets or 4 salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, and lemon juice.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the thyme and add a few shakes of salt and pepper.
- Dip each fillet into the honey-mustard sauce and then dredge it in the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides evenly.
- Place the fillets in a sprayed or lightly oiled baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes , or until thoroughly hot and tender.