Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slice
- Heat chicken broth, wine, onion, lemon juice, peppercorns, and chives to boiling in a large saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain, discarding onion and spices.
- Return broth to saucepan; add honey, mustard and mushrooms and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Heat mushroom mixture to boiling. Combine water and flour and stir in, stirring until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley and lemon slices.
Great mushrooms! And low fat, too! I served these on top of some Dijon chicken and they were a perfect side dish. I'm not sure I would like them as much with beef, but they were wonderful with chicken. I'll definitely be making this recipe over and over. Thanks so much for posting, dicentra!