Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
While I have dozens of chicken salad recipes I made this last night for a church supper and put it at the top of my list favorites. The honey and Dijon mustard really make this salad stand out. We use a slice of white and a slice of wheat bread to make the sandwiches, and also cut them into fourths making triangles. Serving these on a pretty platter, point side up makes for a great presentation.
- Poaching chicken: Place breasts in a large pot of cold water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from pot to plate and cool enough to chop.
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl, stir with a fork to begin breaking the chicken up. Add the celery, onion, and pecans stirring well. Add mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Open one of the loaves of bread, remove the heels and place on your counter. Place about 2-3 Tablespoons of salad on each slice of bread. Spread with spoon to cover. Open the second loaf of bread, remove the heels, and place on top of the salad. Cut sandwich with serrated knife into triangles. Serve on lettuce lined platter point side up.
- Note: this is really good on toast, too.
I am making this for the 4th time now - back by popular demand at work! Decided to upload a photo showing the prepared presentation: small croissants sliced open, add fresh green leaf lettuce, and spoon it into the nest. So, so good.
WOW!!! I love this salad! I made it with FF Mayo left out the celery and onions (personal preference) I ran through recipe builder it is 2 pts for 1 serving! So good! Thanks for sharing!
Loved it! I did use 1 1/4 cups of mayo and glazed pecans. Otherwise did as directed, and this turned out great. Thanks.