1/1 Photo of Honey Dijon Chicken Salad
Childrens Minister's Note:
While I have dozens of chicken salad recipes I made this last night for a church supper and put it at the top of my list favorites. The honey and Dijon mustard really make this salad stand out. We use a slice of white and a slice of wheat bread to make the sandwiches, and also cut them into fourths making triangles. Serving these on a pretty platter, point side up makes for a great presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poaching chicken: Place breasts in a large pot of cold water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Remove from pot to plate and cool enough to chop.
- 4Add chopped chicken to a large bowl, stir with a fork to begin breaking the chicken up. Add the celery, onion, and pecans stirring well. Add mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 5Open one of the loaves of bread, remove the heels and place on your counter. Place about 2-3 Tablespoons of salad on each slice of bread. Spread with spoon to cover. Open the second loaf of bread, remove the heels, and place on top of the salad. Cut sandwich with serrated knife into triangles. Serve on lettuce lined platter point side up.
- 6Note: this is really good on toast, too.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Dijon Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 706.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g