Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I copycatted this from a Wendy's commercial, making it healthier. I haven't had the Wendy's version, but this one is fantastic!! And so easy!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 6 small breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups very fine corn flake crumbs
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 slices thin lean honey-roasted ham
- 6 leaves leafy lettuce
- 6 slices tomatoes, large
- 6 large whole wheat hamburger buns
- Cut each extra large chicken breast in half to fit on hamburger bun.
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Combine cornflake crumbs and paprika in shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine flour and salt and pepper.
- Beat together milk and egg in third shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece in flour, then egg mixture then roll in cornflake mixture to coat.
- Place on baking stone or baking sheet.
- Bake in heated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While chicken cooks, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and honey in a small bowl.
- Place lettuce leaves on bottoms of hamburger buns.
- Top each with chicken, 2 slices ham, tomato slice and Honey-Dijon sauce; top with top bun.