Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe is a perfect dish to serve company, as it is all prepared in one baking dish. If you want to serve another side dish, it goes well with a cheese-based dish or salad. I found it in a cookbook ages ago with easy gourmet recipes. Passive time is marinating time.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar honey mustard dressing
- 3 cups vegetables (I use onions, potatoes, and carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (2 tsp. dried chives)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a shallow bowl and pour the salad dressing over; marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken in a greased baking dish. Place the vegetables around the chicken. Stir in the salt, pepper, chives and parsley to the mustard marinate. Pour over the chicken and veggies.
- Drizzle with honey and lemon juice.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This was very good. The dressing helps to ensure that the chicken is moist and well seasoned. I overcrowded the dish and after 1 hour the chicken was not cooked through. The breasts were put on the indoor grill and cooked for a few minutes. This was made for the How does your garden grow? challenge--ZWTIII.
To me this recipe is wonderful and my father thought so also. We did use thighs rather than breasts because we just do not care for the white meat. I thought it was wonderful.
This was easy to prepare, and tasty. My DH especially liked the potatoes that were baked in the pan with the chicken.