Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe is a perfect dish to serve company, as it is all prepared in one baking dish. If you want to serve another side dish, it goes well with a cheese-based dish or salad. I found it in a cookbook ages ago with easy gourmet recipes. Passive time is marinating time.
Top Review by PaulaG
This was very good. The dressing helps to ensure that the chicken is moist and well seasoned. I overcrowded the dish and after 1 hour the chicken was not cooked through. The breasts were put on the indoor grill and cooked for a few minutes. This was made for the How does your garden grow? challenge--ZWTIII.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar honey mustard dressing
- 3 cups vegetables (I use onions, potatoes, and carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (2 tsp. dried chives)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a shallow bowl and pour the salad dressing over; marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken in a greased baking dish. Place the vegetables around the chicken. Stir in the salt, pepper, chives and parsley to the mustard marinate. Pour over the chicken and veggies.
- Drizzle with honey and lemon juice.
- Bake for 1 hour.