Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Quick and Easy Meals from the Riceland Kitchen. I did clip this from a box of Riceland Rice but I do not remember how long ago. The recipe is very simple and made in one pot. No fuss cooking!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) box broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In large skillet melt butter. When melted add chicken and onion, brown chicken stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and seasoning packets plus remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream.
- Bring to a boil than cover and simmer for 5 minutes on reduced heat. Add sour cream and serve.
Yummy casserole on a cold & dreary day. Easy to throw together. Different from most chicken & rice casseroles.
Delicious! Quick and simple with ingredients I usually have in the house! I used chicken broth in place of water, and realized after dinner that I forgot the sour cream! No matter, the rice was creamy and wonderful! I needed to give myself a little time so popped it into the oven at 350F for 45 minutes. I will be making this again, but will double the rice as that was my favorite! Thank Lori! Yummy!!!
Quick, easy & a 1-dish meal to combine your meat, veggies & starch w/a yummy sauce that makes you think *comfort food* . What is not to love? Since I could not find a prepared rice mixture here, I made my own using rice, sml broccoli florets, & cheddar cheese + a mixture of spices. My pic will prob be darker than typical for the dish. I cooked the chicken & onion till nearly fully caramelized, so the recipe was joined by the lovely browned pan juices. The use of Dijon & honey took the flavor out of the ordinary. A very good dinner for us, Lori. Thx for sharing your recipe. :-)