Recipe by lauralie41
This recipe is from Quick and Easy Meals from the Riceland Kitchen. I did clip this from a box of Riceland Rice but I do not remember how long ago. The recipe is very simple and made in one pot. No fuss cooking!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) box broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet melt butter. When melted add chicken and onion, brown chicken stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and seasoning packets plus remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream.
- Bring to a boil than cover and simmer for 5 minutes on reduced heat. Add sour cream and serve.