Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from the Taste of Home Winning Recipes.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Rub chicken with garlic and thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil on both sides until no longer pink. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and water until smooth. Stir in mustard and honey. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the chicken and sauce into a greased 11-inch.x2-inch baking dish; cool. Serve with rice or noodles.
- Cover and freeze the remaining breast for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chicken: Thaw completely in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Our family really enjoyed this, in fact my son asked if it was a new recipe, and to make it again soon. It was easy to make and had lovely flavours, thank you!
Yum! I cut down the recipe to make enough for three of us. It was very simple to put together and very tasty. I just think the directions need to be a little more clear on step two. I wasn't sure why I needed to put the chicken in a baking dish, which confused me a little (I was thinking should put it in the oven or just leave it cool down). However this didn't take away from the recipe. I served it with steam rice. Thank you mightyro_cooking4u for posting your recipe.
This is going in my MAKE A LOT! category. Easy, Delicious, low calorie, low fat... how can you go wrong. I reduced it for my family of 3 but followed the directions. Served with basmati rice. Wonderful! Made for the Every Day is a Holiday Tag Game.