Recipe by NorthwestGal
Try it, you're going to love it! It just doesn't get any easier than this. Five minutes of prep work, 30 minutes of cooking time, and you have a fantastic meal. The original recipe states that it makes enough sauce for 4 chicken breasts, but I've found that it can easily be stretched to serve with at least 6 decent-size chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 78.07 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml honey
- 44.37 ml apricot preserves
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a 10-inch casserole dish (or any baking pan large enough to hold the chicken breasts). Place the chicken breasts in the coated baking pan.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the mustard, honey, apricot preserves, and ginger in a small mixing bowl until well blended. Brush (or spoon) the mustard mixture over the tops of the chicken breasts. Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness of the breasts).
- After 15 minutes of baking turn over each chicken breast, spoon sauce over them, and continue baking for the remaining 15 minutes, or until breasts are thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to individual plates. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast serving.
- (For my kids, I like to put their portion of the sauce into a small condiment cup so they can use it as a dipping sauce. What can I say -- it's a kid thing.).